In response to the pressing need for improved quality, accuracy and overall efficiency of reporting for Commonwealth Bank’s Tech Simplification program, we embarked on a rapid journey with them to understand how we could deliver a streamlined and automated BI platform.
To do this, we conducted two two-week sprints with them—the ‘2×2’ approach.
- Swiftly creating a detailed platform build plan for an automated platform.
- Fostering a strong and collaborative relationship between all stakeholders.
- High client satisfaction with the 2 x 2 approach, emphasising the substantial value gained during the brief engagement.
”"It was a really good exercise and I was quite impressed with the speed, efficiency and accuracy of the initial requirements gathering. The team is highly skilled and capable and I am confident we will get a great result."Kylie Armstrong-CarrozzaExecutive Manager of Delivery Tech Simplification
Commonwealth Bank is currently engaged in a high-exposure, large-scale program aimed at achieving Technology Simplification, focused on eliminating friction between technologies, both in the back-end architecture and in the front-end user experience. Notably, operational reporting has been primarily manual, and the reporting technology used has not been optimal.
This program encompasses the migration, modernisation, and retirement of core applications and systems throughout the bank.
We saw an opportunity to empower the key stakeholders of the Tech Simplification initiative by enhancing progress reporting for all ongoing workstreams.
Our primary aim was to quickly gain an understanding of how we could automate manual processes, and enhance quality, accuracy, and overall efficiency of reporting. Our ultimate objective is to establish a BI Portal with current, clean data, enabling key stakeholders to gain insights, manage ad hoc requests, and contribute to executive reporting packs.
We undertook a ‘2×2’ approach involving two two-week sprints to assess the technical feasibility of a new automated BI platform. To gain insights into the existing technical and reporting environment, we conducted a series of rapid, high-value workshops with key stakeholders.
Our scope included delivery of high-level architecture recommendations, data mapping, modelling requirements, a roadmap, and cost estimation for platform delivery.
- Providing Commonwealth Bank with a swift and detailed analysis of the current state, coupled with clear and detailed recommendations for an efficient and automated BI platform
- Close collaboration with the project sponsor and project manager has established strong working relationships that will streamline the platform build team’s onboarding process
We initiated a series of rapid, high-value workshops with key stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the existing technical and reporting environment. After understanding the current state from the team’s perspective, we rapidly developed a platform recommendation and build plan, aligning the client’s technical preferences with our expertise and experience.